WBMP-FM, WCBS-AM, WCBS-FM, WFAN-AM/ WFAN-FM, WINS-AM, WNEW-FM has an immediate opening for a Creative Director.
Req ID#: 25145
Job Title: Creative Director
Job Description/Requisition Details: CBS Radio New York is looking for a Creative Services Director to lead the brand marketing and promotional strategy for our 6 NY radio properties. In this role, you will have a keen focus on the selling, strategic marketing and promotion of our brands and related assets, including on air talent. With a focus on measurable results, you will develop creative marketing to strengthen our brands, increasing our stations’ audience share, listener engagement and revenue across all platforms including broadcast, live events, digital extensions and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You must be innovative and passionate about radio, with experience in developing revenue generating ideas that get results. Candidate must be a creative, problem-solving self-starter who thrives in a fast paced business climate and can hold people accountable. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead the Marketing & Special Events department
- Lead public relations strategy, including station communications & press releases
- Overall responsibility for the development of television, direct mail and social media campaigns for our radio properties
- Lead revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contesting that take place on-air, on-line and on-site for all formats (Music, Sports, News)
- Assist in creation and sale of sales marketing materials and help create client promotions and promotional proposals with Promotion Managers, Program Directors, and Sales Managers
- Help create and market new, fun and profitable events for our Adorama Live Theater and external venues
- Work directly with Programming, On Air Talent, Sales and other departments as required
- Use consumer insight, competitive data and market research to develop plans
- Responsible for maintaining costs within department budget
- Participate at station promotional events
- Attend and participate in programming, sales and promotion meetings, brainstorming sessions
- Attend planning meetings to activate and work collaboratively to execute programs and campaigns
- Participate in annual budget planning
- Adhere to policies regarding pricing, merchandising, commercial content, competitive product protection, contests etc.
- You must have excellent multitasking and prioritization skills, be proactive and collaborative in your work and have a positive attitude, with natural ability to lead and engage others. You must have a clearly demonstrated understanding of brand marketing/promotional concepts and be very knowledgeable of NY market, including live events, local sports teams and fan base. In addition, you must have:
- 10+ years in sales and/or marketing
- Thorough knowledge of media sales and in-depth knowledge of research, marketing and branding
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is required
- Proven ability to think “out of the box” and work collaboratively with many functional areas in a marketing/sales environment; lead and engage others
- Must be creative, proactive and a problem solver
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=5408 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
WBMP-FM, WCBS-AM, WCBS-FM, WFAN-AM/ WFAN-FM, WINS-AM, WNEW-FM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.