Req ID#: 25596
Job Title: Account Executive/Full Time
Location: New York
Job Description/Requisition Details: CBS Radio New York is looking for seasoned sales professionals to join our team! In this role, you will develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can prospect; develop new client relationships through cold calling, networking, referrals from existing clients, and have an innovative approach to client development. The successful seller will create programs that include concert sponsorship’s, digital solutions and on air radio campaigns.
Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a commission based position thriving in a highly energetic sales environment – this job is the opportunity for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contact prospective customers to sell radio time for broadcasting station/network.
* Maintain account lists and soliciting new business.
* Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
* Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
* Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
* Attend sales meetings, training sessions
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. You must be a hunter. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have:
* High school graduate; college preferred.
* Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous radio sales experience preferred.
* Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance.
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=5861 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
CBS Radio, WBMP-FM, WCBS-AM, WCBS-FM, WFAN-AM/ WFAN-FM, WINS-AM, WNEW-FM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.