Req ID#: 25447
Job Title: Anchor/Reporter
Job Description/Requisition Details: 1010 WINS, New York’s premier all-news station, is looking for part-time news anchors and reporters. If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product on-air and in the digital space then we want to hear from you.
New York is one of the most diverse cities in America. Our stories reflect its people, issues, politics, and quality of life. You must have the ability to go live from the scene of breaking news and be able to work in one of the most demanding fast-paced newsrooms anywhere.
This is an extremely high energy position that will require you to develop and maintain sources, have a working knowledge of legal and FCC rules.
Anchor responsibilities and requirements include:
* Extensive writing under deadline pressure
* Ability to continuously update copy throughout shift
* Must be able to read and understand complex material and turn it into easy to understand copy
* Must be able to run your own board including running faders for traffic, weather, sports, live reports, and other field elements
* Understand back-timing and hitting posts every few minutes throughout show
* Stay in control during breaking news without a script
* Handle live interviews
* Work with a team of seasoned professionals
* Reporter responsibilities and requirements include:
* Ability to go live during breaking news
* Develop and maintain sources
* Understand the issues and newsmakers in the NY market
* Must be able to record, write, and edit material for wireless upload from the field
* Must have a car and a valid driver’s license and pass our motor vehicle requirements.
* File multiple versions of multiple stories under deadline pressure
* Contribute to multiple social media platforms with photos, blogs, and other material to station website
* Have working knowledge of legal guidelines, FCC rules, etc. and how they apply to your assigned stories every day.
* Write compelling stories of 40 seconds in length while including the use of nat sound and a minimum of two sound bites.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in a major market.
Please send resume and brief paragraph explaining your news philosophy.
Demo aircheck must accompany resume to be considered.
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=5711 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
CBS Radio, WINS-AM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.