WINS-AM has an immediate opening for a News Production Assistant (Part Time).
Req ID#: 26460
Job Title: News Production Assistant (Part Time)
Job Description/Requisition Details:
1010 WINS invented all news radio and is the longest-running all news station in the country. For more than 50 years, 1010 WINS has been a news and information utility for the New York metropolitan area. Famous around the world for its slogan, “YOU GIVE US 22 MINUTES, WE’LL GIVE YOU THE WORLD.” The News Production Assistant is the entry level role in our newsroom and introduces employees to our broadcast operations. Working daily with seasoned professionals a NPA learns how to execute the radio news format at the most listened to all news station in the country. We are looking for news junkies to join the WINS team.
- Assist editors and management in all aspects of newsroom operations
- Conduct phone interviews with newsmakers
- Download audio from internet
- Take reporter feeds for air
- Answer telephones and handle listener questions
- Radio production and/or journalism background strongly preferred
- Must be able to prioritize, handle intense deadline pressure
- Must be computer literate
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=6728 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
WINS-AM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.