Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
The Bloomfield, NJ office of Dewberry is looking for a candidate with a BS in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering, an NJ or NY PE and at least 8-15 years of experience in transportation planning and traffic engineering. Qualified candidates should be familiar with AASHTO, HCM and MUTCD and Synchro/Sim Traffic, HCS and similar analysis tools. Capacity to independently prepare Intersection and Traffic Signal and/or Roadway Lighting designs and familiarity with one or more NJDOT, NYSDOT, NYCDOT, PANYNJ, NJTA or TBTA design standards and practices is preferred. Candidate should also be capable of creating, developing and assessing operational and/or design alternatives, preparing traffic impact studies and undertaking transportation and land use reviews applicable to land development projects. Experience developing Transportation Management Plans (TMPs) in accordance with local, state and federal policies and requirements is desirable. Exposure to project management and budgeting, preparing technical and cost proposals, and understanding of QA/QC procedures is also desirable. Good oral and written skills are a necessity. Applicants must be able to obtain PE registration in NJ and NY and ideally have experience working on projects in the New York and New Jersey region. PTOE certification is desirable.
• Assigns tasks to engineers, technicians or administrative staff
• Plans and coordinates aspects of work
• Prepares scope, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
• Assists with proposals to provide professional services
Required Skills & Required Experience:
• BSCE or BSEE with NJ Professional Engineer license is required
• Minimum 8 years of experience in traffic engineering
• Working knowledge of NJDOT Transportation Management Plan Guidelines and Major Access Permit regulations
• Working knowledge of Transportation Planning principles and practices as applicable to Corridor, Subarea and Local Circulation Studies and Feasibility Studies.
• Working knowledge of contract plans preparation for all traffic control devices (signals, signing, striping and pavement markings, among others) including lighting, electrical and communication requirements as appropriate.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are required
• Determine scope of work and prepare man-hour estimates for traffic engineering tasks
• Quality control oversight for all aspects of traffic engineering tasks
• Maintain good employee relations and project communication with both internal and external clients
• ITS planning and design experience is a plus
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
To learn more about opportunities with Dewberry please CLICK HERE
To Apply for the Senior Project Engineer position please CLICK HERE