Job Title: Membership Sales Associate
Location: Trenton, NJ
Compensation $35,000 to $39,000 (DOE) (plus commission)
Benefits Offered Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
The New Jersey Business and Industry Association is seeking a dynamic Membership Sales Associate to grow our membership and join our team.
This is a full-time position that functions as part of a team focusing on growing memberships, performing administrative functions, and supports membership activities. The ideal candidate will have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree and professional work experience in an office/professional environment, preferably with sales exposure. Follow up skills are a must in this role. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically to communicate and emphasize the value and benefits of membership. The successful individual will be able to build strong relationships and network quickly with potential members with the goal of selling membership. Proactively seek out information, learn and understand issues, trends and regulations that impact our members, as it relates to businesses in NJ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong computer skills and ability to demonstrate skills in MS office (specifically with mail merge), email.
- Accurate data entry of all new leads for membership.
- Perform administrative functions to support membership activities.
- Provide information to members and prospects both via phone and email.
- Promote benefits of Association Membership.
- High level of professionalism in all interactions with members, prospects, sponsors, staff and vendors.
- Attend seminars and events to promote NJBIA and recruit new members.
- Gain knowledge of issues, trends, and regulations impacting member businesses in New Jersey.
- Strongly preferred: Fluency in Spanish, both in speaking and writing
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, and database experience
- Flexibility and some overtime required
- Must be able to travel overnight approximately five nights per year within the state of NJ for NJBIA programs
- Early morning/late evening travel may be required for some NJBIA programs, must have own transportation
- A background check is required for this position
Get your HR & Business Questions Answered! Call or email us at 1-800-499-4419 or [email protected]