Small Business Majority, with offices in Washington DC, and 9 other states, is a small business advocacy organization founded and run by small business owners to represent the nation’s 28 million small business owners and self-employed individuals. Our organization has successfully advised state and national leaders using our in-depth research and policy analysis. The results have direct relevance for small business owners, policy-makers and other stakeholders.
We have an immediate need for a Grant/Proposal Writer focusing on grant writing and grant maintenance. This position can be based in either Sausalito, CA, or Washington, DC.
- Manage the department’s two grant writers, assign tasks and edit documents produced.
- Oversee all steps of the grant proposal process including About Us documents, letters of inquiry, formal grant proposals, grant reports and other development material.
- Work with Small Business Majority CEO, directors and others to create grant proposals.
- Ensure department meets deadlines for grant submissions, grant renewals and grant reports. This includes ensuring the grant-tracking database and reporting notification systems are up to date and accurate.
- Help in the development prospecting process including leading weekly development calls, helping find new prospects and working with appropriate staff to ensure prospect-tracking system is current.
- Write letters of inquiry, formal proposals, reports and other materials as needed.
- Assist the Director, Strategy & Policy in other areas of development work as required.
- 4 years grant/proposal writing and management experience
- Superior research and writing skills
- Ability to organize and synthesize volumes of disparate information from multiple sources
- Ability to work with multiple team members
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Interest in advocacy, politics and public policy
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Small business experience
Experience in some or all of the following fields: Healthcare, clean energy, tax and budget, immigration and access to credit.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Due to the expected high number of resumes we will only contact those candidates who are best qualified for the position.
Small Business Majority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual preference, citizenship, or marital status.