Req ID#: 24937
Job Title: Summer Internship, Business Development, The Altitude Group at CBS Radio
Job Description/Requisition Details: Position: Summer Internship, Business Development, The Altitude Group at CBS Radio
Reports To: Group Leader, Business Development, Altitude Group
Division: CBS Radio (Corporate)
Location: New York, New York
The Altitude Group is an internal strategic sales and marketing group within CBS Radio, whose goal is to generate media dollars from Fortune 500 advertisers. The revenue is incremental to CBS Radio as these advertisers have not previously spent dollars with CBS Radio, or they have purchased media locally through one of the individual radio stations. The Group creates multi-market, fully integrated marketing solutions utilizing one or more of assets owned and controlled by CBS Radio (over the air, digital and live events). Within the Altitude Group, the Strategic Marketing group is the creative “think tank” for developing innovative and strategic marketing and promotional ideas and presentations for the Altitude Group’s national sales team.
This is a paid internship. CBS opportunities are designed to provide undergraduate college students with exposure to the radio/media and entertainment industry through a diversified selection of assignments. The program also serves to provide CBS with talented and qualified applicants who may chose to become candidates for permanent positions upon graduation. Our internship program is designed to assist the Marketing and Sales teams with day-to-day operations including but not limited to Ad sales support strategies, client and audience research, ideation, and content creation.
* Passionate about creating and building brands
* High energy self-starter who thinks creatively, strategically and unconventionally while inspiring others in the group
* Excellent communication skills
* Capable in social environments; can handle client-facing interactions
* Idea generators inspired by culture, arts, and popular trends
* Able to work on a team or individually
* Strong process orientation and communication skills
* Eager to learn, not afraid of new challenges, and willing to work hard while having fun
* Well organized, detail oriented, and a quick learner
* Capable articulators in overall thought expression (written and verbal)
* Able to adapt to any situation; the person everyone wants on their team
* Positive role models
* Passion for media, entertainment, and pop culture a MUST
* Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Photoshop
* Enrolled in a full-time accredited undergraduate college or university required
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=5200 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
CBS Radio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.