WCBS-TV / WLNY-TV has an immediate opening for a Digital Sales Manager.
Req ID#: 25695
Job Title: Digital Sales Manager
Job Description/Requisition Details: CBS 2 / WLNY continues to expand our online presence and are looking for a highly motivated, energetic Digital Sales Manager at CBS 2 / WLNY-TV who will be responsible for achieving online revenue goals for the NY market’s online assets, specifically CBSNewYork.com. This is a unique opportunity to help build online sales revenues and be a leading part of a progressive advertising sales team.
The DSM will be required to make and assist on sales calls, train and offer guidelines regarding pricing and packaging of CBSNewYork.com.
The ideal candidate must be a leader and have an innovative approach to client development and an understanding of how companies are using the internet to market their business. You must have a drive to win and a passion for television.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Develop comprehensive plans to identify and consistently close on qualified sales leads.
* Interface with the CBS Local-NY Corporate Digital Group.
* Understanding, organizing and packaging stations’ online assets.
* Train and work with television sales staff to sell integrated online packages.
* Develop and prepare promotional plans, sales literature and advertising proposals.
* Attend sales and department meetings and present at client meetings.
* Research client/brand needs and draft client correspondence.
* Implement internal processes within the NY market, which ensures compliance.
* Manage database of station information including demographics and current statistics.
To be considered, you must have at least 5 years of sales experience, including 3-5 years in the area of online media including internet ad sales, streaming media and online marketing and a thorough understanding of web content as it relates to sales. Experience working with television station or other media is preferred.
Additional requirements include:
* Experience with streaming media technology required; knowledge of push down ads, podcasting and pre-rolls required.
* Extensive experience creating online sales materials.
* Ability to organize and prioritize while juggling multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of 3rd party billing and ad trafficking.
* Professional and positive manner when working with clients and others.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ability to develop polished sales presentations.\
* Exceptional rolodex and established media contacts at digital advertising agencies and within client organizations.
If you are interested in this opportunity please visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=5960 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
WCBS-TV / WLNY-TV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.