Req ID#: 25693
Job Title: Account Executive
Job Description/Requisition Details: CBS 2 / WLNY is looking for an experienced salesperson to sell multi-platform media and marketing solutions. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in online and offline media sales with a demonstrable record of success prospecting, closing and retaining advertisers.
* Develop new-to-television advertisers through prospecting, networking, cold calling, conducting customer needs analysis and presenting innovative ideas and effective television campaigns, closing and managing the business.
* Sell television time and website advertising to new-to-television clients, advertising agencies and their accounts within the NY tri-state area.
* Recognize multi-market opportunities that will benefit CBS; work with management to bring to fruition.
* Assist in collection of delinquent accounts.
* Assure that flow of pertinent information with respect to advertising copy, local sales orders, contracts, costs and special fees is correct and properly directed.
* Achieve quarterly sales goals.
* Be knowledgeable about the market/industry and proficient in our programming, social marketing, Ecomedia and all available resources.
* Develop strategies to effectively sell station time and good will.
* Maintain strong working relationship with direct clients, agencies, media buyers, account supervisors, account executives and all personnel related to the purchase of NY media.
* Represent a favorable station image to the community.
* Handle all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
* Project and forecast activity of all accounts.
4+ years of media sales experience, including digital experience
Strong contacts with consumer product marketers, ad agencies, PR firms, digital agencies and promotional firms.
Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Proven track record of success of driving revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships.
Demonstrated track record of structuring and managing complex negotiations to successful closure and delivery.
Understanding of broadcast media.
Understanding of online media.
Knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Excel and Outlook required.
If you are interested in this opportunity please visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=5958 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
WCBS-TV / WLNY-TV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.