Title: Member Engagement and Outreach Associate
Reports To: Manager of Member Engagement
Department: Marketing and Outreach
By: L. Bolognese, et al.
Description: Health Republic Insurance of New Jersey (HRINJ) is a new, nonprofit member-driven health insurance plan with just one mission: to bring quality, affordable health insurance to independent workers, small businesses, and others not offered employee-sponsored health plans in New Jersey. We are looking for passionate, entrepreneurial employees who want to be part of the latest innovation in health care—one that will provide more affordable insurance benefits to thousands of Americans. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment, and are constantly exploring interesting new ideas that can help drive some of the most important health market reforms.
Position Summary: Health Republic Insurance of New Jersey (HRINJ) is seeking a Member Engagement and Outreach Associate to join the Member Engagement and Marketing team. The Associate will report to the Manager of Member Engagement and focus on conducting outreach with community stakeholders and other organizations.
This staff member will work with locally-based groups to educate them on health reform and the marketplace/exchange, as well as HRINJ which is a Consumer Operated and Oriented plan, or CO-OP. All Member Engagement and Outreach Associates are required to obtain a License to sell Health and Accident Insurance in the state of New Jersey within 3 months of date of hire, if not in possession of this License when they join HRINJ.
- Conduct outreach calls and identify and visit targeted geographic areas and hubs with potential members to ensure there is an understanding of HRINJ and its benefits, and to emphasize the importance of health care for those who are uninsured.
- Identify and follow up with a broad array of generated leads, including those received from other staff.
- Receive research, review and streamline processes, and track all incoming lead referrals and recruitment efforts.
- Assist with development and coordination of events and other community activities that meet established criteria for optimal outreach.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and deliver plan information to groups of new and/or potential members.
- Provide feedback on how to best reach local community using paid/unpaid media.
- Work with volunteers and other community partners in identifying opportunities for member engagement.
- Assist in preparing and submitting projects, reports or assignments as needed to meet organizational objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A. or B.S. degree required.
- Must be in possession of or able to attain a New Jersey State Health & Accident Insurance License within the first 3 months of employment.
- Strong experience managing organizational outreach and member marketing efforts for a member-driven constituency, health plan or other relevant company.
- 3-5 years of marketing, outreach and/or community organizing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert familiarity and agility using new and emerging communication/social media technologies.
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects, both individual and team-based.
- Must have a collaborative work style and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be available to participate in offsite meetings and events during weekday evenings and on weekends as needed or required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce software preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 35 lbs. for a distance of up to 50 ft.
- Ability to perceive and visualize objects and print materials at close range (20 inches or less) and in color.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk about the office or external environments.
- Ability to listen and speak in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to travel to and attend meetings that take place outside the typical office environment.
- Ability to listen, perceive and communicate for extended hours in office and meeting environments.
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirement via email to [email protected]. Resumes sent without a cover letter/salary requirement will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity and Accommodation Statement:
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, family medical history or genetic information, liability for military service, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, AIDS and HIV status, and any other legally protected status. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. If you require disability accommodation to apply for this position, please advise the Human Resources Manager or other HRINJ staff person(s) charged with accepting your application.