Are you passionate about helping Latino small business owners succeed and be the force behind entrepreneurship in the 21st century?
Rising Tide Capital (RTC) is currently seeking a bilingual Spanish‐language BAS Program Coordinator to help design and deliver a program that proactively addresses the needs of our ever‐growing, Spanish-speaking small business clients.
Rising Tide Capital Inc. is a 501(c) non‐profit organization located in Jersey City and Newark, NJ whose mission is to assist struggling entrepreneurs and communities to build strong businesses that transform lives, strengthen families, and create vibrant, sustainable neighborhoods.
The Community Business Academy is RTC’s premier program and consists of a 12‐week, small business training course that teaches entrepreneurs the fundamentals of how to start and grow a small business. Upon graduation, entrepreneurs are entitled to a secondary level of business support services, namely our Business Acceleration Services program, that are designed to move their businesses forward.
The Spanish‐language BAS Program Coordinator will build upon the design of our existing English‐language Business Acceleration Services (BAS) program to tailor services to specifically address the needs of our Spanish‐speaking graduates.
The Spanish‐language BAS Program Coordinator will leverage his/her background in either Small Business Development, Non‐Profit or Program Management, Finance, Microlending, Economic or Community Development, or any other related field to assist our Spanish‐speaking entrepreneurs achieve their business milestones by performing the following duties:
- Serve as the “face” of RTC’s Spanish‐language BAS program and as the main point of contact for our Spanish‐speaking entrepreneurs
- Help to deepen RTC’s relationship with Spanish‐language entrepreneurs by ensuring that they are actively engaged by our services and have a positive customer service experience with RTC
- Assist in building‐out and coordinating a robust, Spanish‐language business coaching and technical assistance program
- Deliver Spanish‐language, one‐on‐one business coaching and technical assistance
- Further develop and coordinate RTC’s suite of Spanish‐language, small business seminars and workshops
- Provide referrals and connect our Spanish‐language entrepreneurs to RTC’s large network of small business resources and professional service providers
- Expand the suite of Spanish‐language, small business services that RTC has to offer by conducting outreach and establishing partnerships with other local, private/public organizations
- Work closely with RTC’s Communications department to coordinate the organization’s Spanish language communications via print collateral, social media, and email marketing
This position provides an outstanding opportunity for the selected candidate to make a meaningful impact in the lives of inspiring Latino entrepreneurs and in the formidable, rapidly‐growing world of Latino entrepreneurship. It also affords the chance for the right candidate to make their mark in an
innovative sector of the micro‐enterprise development industry at a reputable, growing non‐profit organization.
Rising Tide Capital is committed to fostering a fun, pleasant, and enjoyable work environment.
Candidates that possess a passion for Latino entrepreneurship, micro‐enterprise and economic development, and that have a mission‐driven work ethic and a congenial attitude will thrive at RTC.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish required
- B.A./B.S. in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Public Administration, Non‐Profit
Management, or related field highly preferred
- Strong desire to help at‐risk, low‐income populations to become economically self‐sufficient and to make a lasting impact on the lives of entrepreneurs.
The annual salary range for this position is $40K‐$50K and is commensurate with experience. RTC offers comprehensive health insurance benefits, generous paid time off, 401K, and free gym membership.
Interested candidates please forward a cover latter, resume, a 1‐page writing sample in Spanish, and a 1‐page writing sample in English to Roger Cervantes at [email protected].
Application deadline is April 1st, 2016.
No phone calls please.