Req ID#: 25918
Job Title: General Sales Manager
Job Description/Requisition Details: WCBS Newsradio 880, the flagship station of CBS News and ione of the tri-state’s most trusted sources for news and information, is looking for a General Sales Manager to lead its sales efforts. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, are a strong charismatic leader, a fabulous prospector, dynamic closer and love New York, this is the right opportunity to join the CBS Radio team! In this role, you will:
* Lead and manage sales team on a day to day basis; provide consistent coaching and sales strategy for sellers.
* Closely monitor sales activity, pacing, budgets and inventory; work with other Sales Managers in the NY Cluster to maximize revenue opportunities.
* Strategize and implement plans to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual local revenue goals.
* Cultivate new business efforts to grow spot, non-spot, digital revenue
* Work with Sales Manager and sellers on weekly planner meetings.
* Implement year round recruitment procedures; train new sellers.
* Be a creative problem solver and motivator.
* Seek and distribute leads to sales staff from multiple resources.
* Monitor collections on a monthly basis.
* Represent station with professionalism and integrity.
* Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
Qualifications: We are looking for a proven dynamic sales leader. You must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance.
* Minimum 10+ years experience selling large market radio.
* Position requires a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of winners with integrity.
* Must be a reactive problem solver with a track record of success with Agency, Direct and event sales.
* 4 year college degree
Please have interested candidates visit our website to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
WCBS-AM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.